Monday, June 16, 2008

Story of Creation

Welcome! The Adventures of a Northeastern Man will document not only my travels over the next few months, but ideally, it will record the events and travels occurring in my life over the coming years. The idea, I must admit, was not my own - in fact I have been of the mindset that blogs are a waste of time and resources, especially as a college student... well, graduate student as of last month.

The idea came from a my girlfriend's father's girlfriend. She was aware of my upcoming summer job as a goaltender instructor for the Rick Heinz Goaltender Camp where I would be traveling throughout the Northeast. "You should blog it," were her exact words. Dismissing the notion at first, I later thought, "You know what? That would be an interesting story to tell." I figured she and my girlfriend would be the only ones to read it, but even if two people are entertained then the blog has served it's purpose.

So here I am, my first post on my first blog. The camps don't start for a couple of weeks, but if I didn't begin the blog now, I probably would have pushed it off and never have done it. Hopefully people will find it enjoyable to read; it might not be a deep insight into the human psyche, but the locations may turn out to be of interest and something funny always happens at camp!

So long for now.

1 comment:

Gerry said...

Yay! This will be far better than the occasional party conversation. :)

Your girlfriend's father's girlfriend.